2014年5月20日火曜日

CALL Literary Reaction Journal 2

Reaction to The Owl and the Pussy Cat by Edward Lear

Ⅰ. Summary

The poem I chose to summarize and react is The Owl and the Pussy Cat by Edward Lear. The type of this poem seems to be narrative poetry because it seems to tell a story which the owl and the pussy cat marry.

Ⅱ. Reaction

1. Character

・The Owl: He sang for the girlfriend with looking up to the stars above so I thought he was romantic.
   ↑
   They love each other.
 
   ↓
・The Pussy Cat: She dicided marring to listen his sweet song so I thought she was pure.
・The Piggy: He gave the owl and the pussy cat a ring so I thought he was very kind.
・The Turkey: He gave them himself for dinner so I thought he was generous.

2. Personification

In this poem, they went to sea by using a boat, and there was the owl which was playing guiter and singing a song. Thease actions looked just like a human, so we can know that a personification was used in the poem.

3. Connotation

I  thought that the piggy had a ring was important character, because a ring is to play a role to join twe together on marring.

4. General Opinion

An auther expressed love story with animals not a human being, so I felt it was very pretty. However, a scene which they took a ring away from the piggy's nose is grotesque.

4 件のコメント:

  1. Hello Yui!
    I read your LRJ2. I chose this poem, too. I think your LRJ2 very great:) I think the poem pretty, too!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Hello, Yuka! I'm happy to be read you my blog. I read your LRJ1 about the owl and the pussy cat, and I felt my opinion and yours to the poem were similar generally. However, your LRJ1 is better than mine because your review is easy to understand by using Japanese and English.

      削除
  2. I read your blog.Your opinion is nice!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank you for reading my blog, Kotone! This poem will make you happy, so please try reading you too.

      削除