2014年5月14日水曜日

CALL Literary Reaction Journal 1

Reaction to A Red, Red Rose by Robert Burns

Ⅰ. Summary

The poem I chose to summarize and react to is A Red, Red Rose by Robert Burns.
The type of this poem seems to be lyric poetry because it seems to tell a feelings of him. We could feel his feelings to someone who he loved.


Ⅱ. Reaction

1. Imagery

This poem uses peacefull imagery. in the poem, there are the repetition of words several times so it sounds rhythmical. However, this contents give us sad impression.

2. Metaphor

In the poem, a metaphor is used by changing his love to red rose. By changing his love to red rose, it seems that he expresses his passionate love.

3. Connotation

The author writes it in this way in the ends of the poem, " And fare thee weel, my only Luve, And fare thee weel awhile! And I will come again, my Luve, Tho' it ware ten thousand mile." We understand that he must say his love good-by for some reason, so the poem give us and his pain and vanity.

4. General Opinion

The poem made me sad, but I could understand his feelings to his love very well.




7 件のコメント:

  1. Yui, excellent work!

    I'm sorry I don't have time to make in-depth comments now, but will try to do so in the future.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Don't worry. When you have time, please give me indepth comments.

      削除
  2. A section color change your blog is devised.It is wonderful.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank you for givimg me comments! I read your LRJ1 and I thought the poem you reviewed looked like difficult. However, you unerringly reviewed to the poem,so you were great.

      削除
  3. I'm also read this poem. You have a good view!! I want to learn from you.

    返信削除
  4. Your point of view is very good ! I can understand your opoinion.
    I try to read this poem.

    返信削除
  5. I felt that splended your reaction comments on the poem!

    返信削除